September’s Bottle of the Month is Cabernet Montello E Colli Asolani D.O.C. ‘Ca Dei Noni’ Riserva. and in keeping with this our monthly Italian recipe is Costolette di Cervo or ‘venison ribs’.
6 good quality venison chops; 250ml white wine (or fruit vinegar); 2 cloves garlic, peeled; 100 ml virgin olive oil; 2 6-inch (15 cm) springs of rosemary
Method: Allow 2 hours for the preparation of the meal.
1. Marinate the chops for a minimum of 1 hour in the vinegar.
2. Pat the chops dry and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the garlic until it is golden.
4. Arrange the chops in a single layer and the rosemary and cook over a gentle heat for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
5. Serve hot, spooning the pan drippings over the meat, with Italian potatoes, seasonal vegetables and glass of Cabernet Montello E Colli Asolani D.O.C. ‘Ca Dei Noni’ Riserva!