After leaving the little village of Collabrigio the next phase of the Prosecco tasting trail heads towardsSan Pietro di Feletto. On the way you pass though Rua di San Pietro di Feletto, home to a 17th-century Camaldolese hermitage, now the town hall. This building dates back to 1670, although it was destroyed in the 19th century by Napoleon. Today the hermitage has been restored to its former glory and is well worth stopping off to visit.
San Pietro di Feletto is a small town with approximately 5,000 inhabitants. It is thought the towns heritage goes back to the 8th century when the Pieve di San Pietro was built, although it has been suggested that this church was built on the site of an older, pagan temple which would take the history of this beautiful town back even further.The Church of St. Peter is one of the oldest and most important in the Treviso area and it dominates the vine heavy scenery of San Pietro di Feletto. Inside the church the remains of fresco’s from the 12th and 15th centuries are displayed in situ, the quality and preservation of which are exceptional, even for Italy!